The Little Big Weekend is back in action, with Swing Dance Sydney at the helm. After a year off, Sydney's smallest lindy hop weekend is on again.
WHY SO LITTLE?
Because big is not necessarily better.
Late starts for workshops and just 1 day of workshops = less fatigue, better learning.
Fewer workshops = more socialising time.
Sydney = worth exploring.
One day of general admission workshops, one teachers' workshop, one solo jazz challenge workshop. The workshops are unique. Taught by skilled instructors who know what they're doing, expect something interesting.
The Little Big Weekend showcases local Sydney social dancing and music to bring dancers the very best parties Sydney can offer.
What's the plan?
Friday 9 Oct.
Saturday 10 Oct.
- Daytime general admission workshops workshops with Lennart Westerlund and Alice Roberts
- Evening party with The Splendid Six at Harlem.
Sunday 11 Oct.
- Daytime teachers' workshop with Lennart Westerlund and Alice Roberts
- Afternoon Hot Jazz with the Unity Hall Jazz Band
- Evening Small Ball with Andrew Dickeson's Swingtet.
- Wednesday 7 October: Get in early for lindy hop with Lennart Westerlund at the Swing Dance Sydney Petersham Bowls Club class.
- Monday 12 October: Stay a little longer for a special edition of our weekly Swing Dance Sydney Monday solo jazz dance class Lennart Westerlund.
Learn more about Sydney, off-program activities, and the Little Big Weekend on Facebook.
The Little Big Weekend is brought to you by Sam Carroll and Swing Dance Sydney.